International Child Care is a Christian health development organization. Operating in Haiti since 1967 and in the Dominican Republic since 1988, ICC is working to change the conditions of poverty that impact health and well-being.
Our vision is health and wholeness for children and families in empowered communities.
Canada, Haiti, and Dominican Republic: Our mission is to respond to Jesus Christ through caring service by sharing and promoting health and wholeness to those in need, especially children.
USA: Our mission is to respond to a loving God by promoting health and well-being for the children and families of Haiti and the Dominican Republic through caring service and the education of others.
Statement of Faith: We recognize that our ministry of service in community is a God-given opportunity to be a witness to the love of Jesus-Christ towards suffering humanity, and to be a source of enrichment for those who serve and are served.
Our programs center around three goals:
- Prevent Illness among children and their families through immunization, oral rehydration, vitamin A distribution, prenatal care, clean water projects, training of Traditional Birth Attendants and village- and church-based health promoters
- Promote Health for children and their families through health education, pre- and postnatal care, reproductive health services, growth monitoring and community based rehabilitation for children with disabilities
- Restore Health for children and adults who have fallen ill through TB and HIV treatment, outpatient medical clinics at Grace Children's Hospital and curative care services through our Integrated Community Health projects
Commitment to Accountability
International Child Care USA has been working alongside the people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic for more than 40 years. Our organization is governed by a volunteer board of directors whose members are not compensated for their service. Our financial records are independently audited by an outside firm each year and those statements are available to the public upon request. Results from our programs and a financial summary are available in our Annual Report.
How You Can Help
- Make a secure online donation.
- Visit the programs and build cross-cultural relationships.
- Teach your kids about mission with the Child to Child curriculum.
- Sew diapers and gowns for Grace Children’s Hospital.
- Assemble Healthy Birth Kits.
- Host an “ICC Sunday” at your church.
Can I visit your programs?
Yes! You can spend a week experiencing ICC’s programs first hand on a Mission Education Encounter Team trip. Or, if you will be traveling to Haiti or the Dominican Republic and would like arrange a day-long visit to Grace Children’s Hospital or one of the community projects where ICC works, just contact the US office.
Can I donate items?
ICC makes every effort to purchase items locally to stimulate the economies in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. We also try to keep our costs down by avoiding expensive overseas shipment when possible. Because of this, we are only able to accept a few specific types of donated items. Learn more about the in-kind items we accept or contact us for more information or questions about specific items.
If you have items like clothes and toiletries that don’t fit with ICC’s current needs, try contacting a local non-profit organization, such as a homeless shelter, that might be able to put them to good use right in your own community.
Can I work for ICC?
Staffing needs in each of ICC’s national offices are determined by that country’s National Director. The bulk of our staff positions are in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and are staffed by residents in those program areas. In order to work as efficiently as possible, ICC has a very small North American staff. You can always contact ICC's offices to inquire about current job, internship, and volunteer opportunities.